- Dec 31, 2014
- Dec 15, 2014
- Travel Alberta
Travel Alberta is the tourism marketing organization of the Government of Alberta. A team of youthfully-spirited adventurers lead in marketing Alberta’s authentic experiences in breathtaking landscapes around the world. Our mission: to grow tourism revenues with compelling invitations to experience Alberta.
Travel Alberta strives to empower individual passion and build inspirational leadership as ONE TEAM. If you want to be part of an award-winning organization with strong corporate values, passionate team members and a great culture, then Travel Alberta is the destination for you.
- Reporting to the Director, Communications, the Communications Specialist is responsible for:
- Coordinating timely business and marketing messaging through a variety of online and offline channels
- Creating and curating a variety of internal and external communications by consulting with stakeholders regarding their communications needs
- Ensuring ease of access, clarity and consistency on the information needs of industry partners, government stakeholders and Travel Alberta team members
- Collecting and analyzing data and information to inform and measure communications strategy
- Working closely with a variety of internal and external audiences to deliver on the development and implementation of strategically aligned initiatives
- Knowledge of communication theory, concepts, and best practice
- Strong research and analytical skills in developing and interpreting reports
- Excellent writing, editing and public speaking skills are critical
- Related experience in marketing is an asset
- Related experience in the tourism industry is an asset
Your degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related area is complemented with three or more years of progressive communications experience. Your dedication and passion has taken your career to this point. Now, it is time to advance to a new level by stepping into Travel Alberta’s exciting working environment!
This position is based in the Calgary office located in Inglewood
Classification: Specialist 2. Salary range: $63,216 – $82,128
Hours of Work: 36.25 hours per week, Employment Status: Full Time
This position offers an excellent benefits package with SunLife Financial, including extended health and dental coverage, life insurance, travel insurance, long term disability and a flexible spending account. This individual will also participate in a defined benefit plan with the Public Service Pension Plan (PSPP), have free and confidential access to Shepell-fgi (Employee Assistance Provider) and be a part of Travel Alberta’s Learning and Development program which includes up to 100% reimbursement to further education.
This year, Travel Alberta has been recognized for providing an exceptional place to work by being awarded Top 65 Employers in Alberta, Best Small and Medium Employers in Canada and one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Closing Date: December 31, 2014
If you have the qualifications to succeed in this role, submit a cover letter and resume with the title in the subject line of your email to: email@example.com. If applicable, please indicate the name of the Travel Alberta Team Member who referred you to this role.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and advise that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Any personal information submitted will be managed with the strictest of confidentiality.