- Mar 29, 2016
- Mar 15, 2016
- Calgary Stampede
Why the Stampede?
For over 100 years the Calgary Stampede has been the heart and soul of our city. It is both where and how we come together to celebrate our unique brand of western hospitality and community spirit. As we embark on the next chapter of our story, we will deliver exceptional experiences that entertain, educate and engage visitors. We will build inspired spaces to bring our community together to celebrate, and we will further energize the brand that has come to define our city. Our vision is to create a world-class, year-round gathering place in the heart of our great city.
The administrative assistant is a member of the Park and Facility Services Team, responsible to provide administrative support to the department.
This position involves answering a multi-line telephone, data entry of time and materials recovery from daily work orders, prioritizing and following-up on communications, coordinating mail, faxes and couriers and providing exceptional customer service.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Reception duties including answering multi line telephones and distribution of messages.
- Provide exceptional customer service in person and on the telephone
- Perform general administrative functions including typing and filing correspondence, reports, manuals and scheduling as required.
- Generate purchase orders from Ungerboeck for staff via telephone and in person.
- Data entry of recoverable time and materials from work orders in Ungerboeck.
- Audits on time and materials recovered completed on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Create and distribute service orders and work orders in Ungerboeck to internal departments as required.
- Assist in month end processes as assigned.
- Update and maintain electronic filing system including the downloading and filling of digital pictures.
- Assist with administrative and support duties as assigned.
- Communicate progress, challenges and issues to supervisor.
The ideal candidate will be proactive, optimistic and have the ability to multitask. He/she will have a high school diploma, as well as the following:
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Accurate typing, strong attention to detail and data entry skills.
- Ability to work towards a common goal and vision.
Working Conditions:This position takes place in an office environment. Involves repetitive arm, hand and finger movement. Occasional lifting and carrying up to 20 lb., pushing, crouching, bending, kneeling and reaching. Daily stair climbing. Occasional exposure to noise, dust, animal dander and changes in temperature.
Adequate visual acuity and colour vision are required.
Please apply online to submit your resume. All applicants are thanked in advance and advised that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.