Vice-President, Global Consumer Marketing
- Apr 8, 2015
- Mar 30, 2015
- Travel Alberta
Travel Alberta is the tourism marketing organization of the Government of Alberta whose mission is to grow tourism revenues with compelling invitations to experience Alberta. Travel Alberta strives to empower individual passion and build inspirational leadership as ONE TEAM. If you want to be part of an award-winning organization with strong corporate values, passionate team members and a great culture, then Travel Alberta is the place for you.
Reporting to the President and Chief Executive Officer, the Vice-President, Global Consumer Marketing, as a member of the executive team, will be responsible for the overall management of Travel Alberta’s Global Consumer Marketing function, leading integrated multi-disciplinary teams in brand, content, media, social media and PR within targeted North American and International markets.
The VP takes a proactive approach to identifying key business drivers, priorities, and growth opportunities through an in depth understanding of the tourism ecosystem, destination branding, traveller, and competitive trends in all markets, and that are relevant and practical to support Alberta’s tourism partners to help grow their businesses.
Global Consumer Marketing
- Work closely with President and CEO to provide direct support in the development and execution of the global consumer marketing strategy and market action plans, including content, media, PR social media and brand shared service units.
- Act as a brand evangelist, providing thought leadership in regards to best practices in destination brand strategy, traveller engagement, and brand communications across traditional and digital media.
- Manage, mentor and coach team by clarifying expectations, delivering results, recognizing performance, developing team member competencies and supporting developmental opportunities.
- Drive the development and implementation of global brand and media measurement reporting to ensure actionable and timely decision making reducing acquisition costs and improving marketing budget ROI.
- Research, analyze and capitalize on economic impacts and trends, traveller motivations and competitor intelligence.
- Leverage the use of marketing analytics (KPIs) to provide insights and make recommendations to reach the consumer in new ways to improve marketing ROI recommendations and overall strategies.
- Work closely with the Senior Leadership Team to provide leadership and direct support in the development and execution of global consumer marketing strategy, including global media/social strategy, brand, global content and creative strategy, market action plans and program/tactics.
- Work closely with senior leadership team to develop global brand positioning.
- Providing necessary leadership in new marketing initiatives and in redefining ongoing priorities for the organization.
- Provide thought-leadership in regards to best practices in destination brand strategy, consumer engagement and brand communications across media and social digital channels.
- Identifying, developing and acting on best business practices that will enhance marketing effectiveness and efficiency and closely control costs.
- Degree in Business Management, Marketing, Tourism or related field.
- 10+ years’ experience in a high performance environments with demonstrated successive levels of responsibility and accountability. This could include Crown Corporation, Agency or private enterprise.
- Previous experience at a PR, digital, advertising or creative agency an asset.
- Solid understanding of digital marketing technologies and platforms and experience with online, digital and e-commerce marketing.
- Comfortable in the role of teacher, trainer, mentor. Should possess enough hands on experience implementing digital communications to translate technology into a language all can understand.
- Experience working with marketing initiatives, campaigns, leading edge brands and online advertising.
- Excellent relationship skills, highly collaborative, can build rapport and credibility quickly with all levels of the organization and diverse industry.
- Excellent public speaking skills in front of small or large groups.
- Proven leadership; ability to build and motivate high performance teams that deliver results.
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple accounts/projects, vendor relationships and deliver results.
- Demonstrated experience in research and evaluation methodologies to ensure marketing and communications return on investment.
- Strong financial understanding coupled with well-developed analytical skills. Proven ability to manage budget to spend targets; strong solutions orientated mindset.
- Aptitude to identify and analyze complex issues and provide creative solutions.
This position is based in the Calgary office. Some domestic and international travel is required.
Hours of Work: 36.25 hours per week, Employment Status: Permanent
This position offers an excellent benefits package with SunLife Financial, including extended health and dental coverage, life insurance, travel insurance, long term disability and a flexible spending account. This individual will also participate in a defined benefit plan with the Management Employees Pension Plan and Surplus Pension Plan (MEPP / SRP), have free and confidential access to Shepell-fgi (Employee Assistance Provider) and be a part of Travel Alberta’s Learning and Development program which includes up to 100% reimbursement to further education.
This year, Travel Alberta has been recognized for providing an exceptional place to work by being awarded Top 65 Employers in Alberta, Best Small and Medium Employers in Canada and one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Closing Date: April 8, 2015
If you have the qualifications to succeed in this role, submit a cover letter and resume with the title in the subject line of your email to: email@example.com. If applicable, please indicate the name of the Travel Alberta Team Member who referred you to this role.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and advise that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Any personal information submitted will be managed with the strictest of confidentiality.