Custom Groups and Charters Specialist - Anderson Vacations
- Aug 9, 2013
- Aug 1, 2013
- Anderson Vacations
Anderson Vacations is the One Stop Canada and South Pacific Travel Solution! With advanced integrated on-line booking technology and six major product lines, Anderson is one of the fastest growing travel companies in Canada!
Our mission is to provide the One Stop Solution for travelers and retailers wanting to travel throughout Canada or the South Pacific. Offering Escorted Tours, FIT packages, Rail trips, Adventure activities, Charter services, Corporate programs, and Conference Housing solutions enables Anderson to provide this One Stop Solution to any client type.
This newly created position of Custom Groups and Charters Specialist, sits within Anderson Vacations fastest growing product line - the Tour Division. Reporting directly to the Tour Division Manager, this roles primary purpose is the effective quotation and operation of our Custom Group Tour Programs. The position is based in Calgary.
- Maintain and work within the Anderson Vacations’ team goals, and 6 fundamental business principles.
- Manage website and aid in cleansing, product upload, and fluidity for the Group Section for www.canadatravelsolution.com site and Guaranteed Departure section of TAP Site
- Manage filing of supplier information, bookings, and contracts.
- Manage Quotation, Creation, Operation and Reservations of any Custom Canada, USA or South Pacific Group Tours as the enquires come in.
- Book meal & attractions stops for tour itineraries
- Liaise with tour directors and provide tour information including itineraries, pax itineraries, rooming and departure lists, payment methods for included meals & attractions.
- Prepare driver itineraries and send to coach company
- Pay hotel invoices and provide information to accounting on time
- Prepare P&L reports for each tour
- Ensure effective handover/briefing of tour information to Tour Directors/Driver Guides. This includes any and all meetings that are required at off-site locations.
- Renegotiate with suppliers for the best possible rate for each new ad hoc group, with assistance from Division manager as required.
- Ensure supplier tour bills are paid in a timely manner and tours are priced correctly.
- Ensure that all supplier bills are reconciled with Anderson controller, and proper documentation forwarded to controller for all payments.
- Take enquires, and reservations for the Guaranteed Departures. Send confirmation, record in system and communicate every booking by correct email format to Tour division manager
- Submit Profit and Loss reports for tours within 6 weeks of tour completion.
- Manage the 24 hour emergency line on a 2 week rotational basis or as required by your tour programs. This will be approximately 2 out of every 8 weeks with the exception of peak tour season when it is likely to be more.
- Manage Insurance Reconciliation and Sales where applicable.
- Maintain regular follow up on all group quotes until a yes or no answer is received. If no determine reasoning.
- Provide Monthly Charter sales reports to Division Manager and CEO
- Attend management meetings as requested
- Any other duties as required and requested by the management team.
- Contribute to a productive work environment with a positive, ‘Can-Do’ attitude.
- Enthusiastic, hard working, trustworthy and career oriented.
- Strong organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills required.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, together with computer and typing skills required.
- University Degree (any discipline), or College Diploma in Business/Tourism or the equivalencies of direct experience in industry will be considered.
- Experience in working with customers, budgets, preparing proposals, planning and managing accounts is an asset.
- Knowledge of the wholesale/retail/consumer relationship and the role of the receptive tour operator is an asset.
- Knowledge of pricing structures and mechanisms within the travel industry is valuable.
- The ability to work independently, and with others, to achieve quality objectives and drive ideas forward, within tight time frames, is imperative.
- The ability to thrive and achieve successful outcomes in a dynamic environment, while managing unique and challenging circumstances, is essential to success in this position.
- Experience in public speaking, presentations, and conference call presentations is an asset.
- Experience directly within the Tourism industry may be desirable, but is not essential.
RESUMES will be accepted until Friday 9th August at 5:00 PM
Submissions may be made to Heather Matthews
Tour Division Manager
OR fax: 403-245-6210
We thank everyone who applies however only those considered for the position will be contacted.