Education Presenter - Marine Life
- Jan 30, 2015
- Dec 31, 2014
- West Edmonton Mall
The Marine Life Education Presenter position is responsible for the delivery of all education programs for the Marine Life Department.
- Delivering Marine Life exploratory programs that cater to general public groups.
- Taking course bookings, confirm courses with customers, provide course information to clients and liaise with existing groups on an ongoing basis.
- Researching and creating educational props for use in courses.
- Assisting with planning and delivery of spring, summer and winter Adventure Camps.
- Ambassador Sea Lion Shows; Deliver presentations and monitor touch pools as required.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- Completion or working towards a diploma/degree in an Education qualification is an asset.
- Experience teaching in a school, in a Zoo & Aquarium environment, camp or similar position is an asset.
- Must have excellent customer service, communication, public speaking and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Valid Class 5 Alberta Drivers’ License.Current First Aid and CPR or willing to attend the required training.
Terms of Employment:
- Must be able to pass a basic security clearance.
- This is a part-time position that requires flexible availability including days, evenings, weekend, and holidays.
- This position has a starting wage of $14.85 an hour.
For more information on how to apply, visit wem.ca/careers.