Destination Host – Banff
- Apr 8, 2017
- Feb 8, 2017
- Rocky Mountaineer
At Rocky Mountaineer, we invite guests to the majestic Pacific Northwest and Rocky Mountains and take them on a world class journey. With the help of our dedicated team, we offer more than a renowned luxury product, we create life changing experiences. We are looking for positive people who bring a passion for excellence and commitment to teamwork to join us.
Rocky Mountaineer is proud to work with a strong team of talented individuals. We were recently named one of Deloitte’s Best Managed Companies and have won Employer of the Year by the Tourism Industry Association of Canada multiple times.
Recently named Employer of the Year by the Tourism Industry Association of Canada, Rocky Mountaineer is currently hiring for Destination Hosts.
The Destination Host is RM’s front line of service at destinations and is responsible for providing excellence in guest satisfaction by providing direct service to guests during arrivals and departures and dealing effectively with guest requests.
These are part-time, seasonal positions based at our Banff Station. You will need to commit to the entire season from April – October. This role is a perfect addition to your work – life if you are looking for part-time hours in a rewarding role!
Excellence in Guest Satisfaction
Representing the RM brand, providing exceptional guest service to ensure an efficient transfer of guests during arrivals and departures through....
- Greeting guests at station and/or hotels, answering guest questions and providing direction to ensure smooth transfer of guests;
- Accurately performing guest check-in duties including preparation of guest documentation, inputting of guest information, and tagging of luggage;
- Completing pre-arrival/departure tasks such as, but not limited to; motor coach signage, preparing coffee/tea service, preparing hotel keys for distribution, delivering supplies to train (eg. newspapers, souvenirs), ensuring hotel check in kits is fully stocked;
- Ensuring safe and efficient loading of motor coaches, escorting guests by motor coach to/from partner hotels, and providing commentary enroute;
- Maintains station aesthetics in line with the RM “white glove clean” standard by cleaning platform and station, and restocking supplies;
- Effectively communicating with team, including proper use of radio communication;
- Resolve concerns from guests, train staff and public, escalating ongoing issues to station management;
- Preparing documentation and supplies for train arrivals/departures;
- Operating equipment as required for mobility challenged guests (eg. wheelchair lift/wheelchairs);
- Providing service for special guest requirements as directed; and
- Responding to irregular emergency operations under the direction of management which could require motor coach travel to other locations.
- Other duties as assigned to ensure effective station management.
This position may require:
- Class 5 Drivers License and clean drivers abstract in order to travel to and from hotel partners to provide check in services or follow up on guest concerns.
- Irregular scheduling to ensure the effective Station operations, including availability on evenings and weekends as per arrivals/departures schedules. Overtime may be required for irregular operations or delays.
- Wear RM uniform as required during arrivals and departures to represent the RM brand.
- Requires outdoor work in a variety of weather conditions and working around railway tracks and moving trains.
If this position suits your skills, experience and personal attributes, we want to talk to you!
Please apply by submitting your resume and a covering letter outlining why you are a suitable candidate.
Armstrong Group is committed to equal opportunity employment and invites applications from all qualified candidates. Please note that background checks are a part of our hiring process.
View this posting on the Rocky Mountaineer Current Opportunities web page.