Lead Destinations Host – Banff
- Apr 8, 2017
- Feb 8, 2017
- Rocky Mountaineer
At Rocky Mountaineer, we invite guests to the majestic Pacific Northwest and Rocky Mountains and take them on a world class journey. With the help of our dedicated team, we offer more than a renowned luxury product, we create life changing experiences. We are looking for positive people who bring a passion for excellence and commitment to teamwork to join us.
Rocky Mountaineer is proud to work with a strong team of talented individuals. We were recently named one of Deloitte’s Best Managed Companies and have won Employer of the Year by the Tourism Industry Association of Canada multiple times.
Recently named Employer of the Year by the Tourism Industry Association of Canada, Rocky Mountaineer is currently hiring for Lead Destination Hosts.
The Lead Destination Host is responsible for providing excellence in guest satisfaction by providing direct service to guests during arrivals and departures, dealing effectively with day-of-travel guest requests and concerns, and providing leadership support to station management. TheLead Destination Host provides leadership and operational coverage in the absence of station management and as such, learns all aspects of station operations.
These are part-time, Seasonal positions based at our Banff Station. You will need to commit to the entire season from April – October. This role is a perfect addition to your work – life if you are looking for part-time hours in a rewarding role!
Excellence in Guest Satisfaction
Representing the RM brand, provides exceptional guest service to ensure an efficient transfer of guests during arrivals and departures through:
- Greeting guests at station and/or hotels, answering guest questions and providing direction to ensure smooth transfer of guests;
- Accurately performing guest check-in duties including preparation of guest documentation, inputting of guest information, and tagging of luggage;
- Ensuring safe and efficient loading of motor coaches, escorting guests by motor coach to/from partner hotels to the appropriate departure station, providing commentary enroute;
- Completing pre-arrival/departure tasks such as, but not limited to; motor coach signage, preparing coffee/tea service, preparing hotel keys for distribution, delivering supplies to train (eg. newspapers), ensuring hotel check in kit is fully stocked;
- Maintains station aesthetics in line with the RM “white glove clean” standard by cleaning platform and station, and restocking supplies;
- Effectively communicating with team, including proper use of radio communication;
- Resolve concerns from guests, train staff and public, escalating ongoing issues to station management;
- Operating equipment as required for mobility challenged guests (eg. wheelchair ramp/wheelchairs);
- Coordinating the preparation and timely delivery of pertinent departure and arrival information and all necessary luggage tags to our Tour Group operators;
- Planning for special guest requirements, ensuring Destination Hosts are appropriately directed and trained to provide specialized services required; and
- Responding to irregular emergency operations under the direction of management which could require motor coach travel to other locations.
Effective Station Operations
Ensures effective station operations through:
- Provides day-of-travel direction to Destination Hosts to ensure effective utilization of team;
- Providing supervision and direction of the Onboard attendants assigned to station duties during arrivals and departures, monitoring performance of all assigned duties;
- Maintaining station supplies inventory (eg. luggage tags, amenity kits, kids packs, office supplies), communicating with station management as required to replenish supplies;
- Prepare documentation concerning day-of-travel guest issues and requirements, ensure all information is included in the Destinations Summary report and distributed promptly to all stakeholders;
- Provides suggestions for operational improvements to increase efficiency and improve guest experience;
- Perform arrival/departure planning activities in the absence of Assistant Station Manager such as coordinating motor coach drivers, bus line-ups, liaising with hotels and restaurants, and preparing arrival/departure reporting;
- Responding to questions and/or preparing manifests for hotel partners and Experience Tours in the absence of station management; and
- Coordinates the completion of station open/closing duties, directing staff to ensure all duties are completed.
Support Effective Work Teams
Supports high levels of employee and guest satisfaction through:
- Providing supervision, training and oversight to Destination Host to ensure operating and guest excellence standards are met;
- Ensuring staff effectively represent the RM brand, by adhering to the standards established in the Uniform and Appearance Policy;
- Participating in the implementation of training plans to ensure staff are cross trained to complete appropriate station activities, demonstrating personal commitment to learn all aspects of station operations;
- Provides direct management support in the absence of station management; and
- Building a strong station team through effective motivation, recognition and coaching of employees to achieve work goals.
Other duties as assigned to ensure effective station management.
This position may require:
- Class 5 Drivers License and clean drivers abstract in order to travel to and from hotel partners to provide check in services or follow up on guest concerns.
- Irregular scheduling to ensure effective Station operations, including evenings and weekends as per arrivals/departures schedules. Overtime may be required for irregular operations or scheduling delays.
- Wear RM uniform as required during arrivals and departures to represent the RM brand.
- Requires outdoor work in a variety of weather conditions and working around railway tracks and moving trains.
If this position suits your skills, experience and personal attributes, we want to talk to you!
Please apply by submitting your resume and a covering letter outlining why you are a suitable candidate.
Armstrong Group is committed to equal opportunity employment and invites applications from all qualified candidates. Please note that background checks are a part of our hiring process.
View this posting on the Rocky Mountaineer Current Opportunities web page.