Business Development Manager, Western Canada - Anderson Vacations
- Jan 24, 2014
- Jan 9, 2014
- Anderson Vacations
Anderson Vacations is the One Stop Canada and South Pacific Travel Solution. With advanced integrated online technology, specialist knowledge and expertise, and a plethora of travel agent tools and promotions for bookings. Anderson is one of the fastest growing niche wholesalers in Canada.
Reporting to the CEO and Marketing Team, the Business Development Manager - Western Canada is responsible to work within the Anderson Vacations sales system in order to enhance, educate, develop and maintain key retail and group accounts within Western Canada. Regional travel is involved, must have own vehicle in good working order.
- Represent Anderson and coordinate Retail Agency training and relations throughout the Western Canada market. Maintain existing relationships, and research/build further relationships.
- Represent Anderson and coordinate Direct Consumer marketing and sales projects; including trade shows participation, consumer presentations, researching travel clubs and new group leaders in Western Canada.
- Develop and create new co-operative marketing programs in conjunction with retail travel agencies and group/club accounts.
- Organize and host Agent Appreciation Night & Product Launch events.
- Organize and host Group Leaders Seminar and Travel Club presentations and sales calls.
- Provide input and creative new ideas toward regional and overall company sales/marketing plans.
- Participate in business meetings as required by management.
- Be the "face" of Anderson Vacations in the Western Canadian region. Includes attending important trade events, conferences, and networking with key suppliers and industry members. Help to maintain and increase our "buzz" in the industry.
- Prepare sales reports and track activities weekly.
- Manage regional Sales Budgets for direct and co-operative marketing projects; includes applying for government funding.
- Assisting the CEO or Marketing Manager with any other Anderson Vacations team project or goal on request basis.
- 2+ years of tourism related experience with 1 of those years being in either an agency role or sales position.
- University Degree or College Diploma in Sales and Marketing or the equivalencies of direct experience in industry will be considered.
- Experience in working with budgets, managing accounts and previous experience in agency and/or group relations an asset.
- Knowledge of the wholesale/retail/consumer relationship and the role of the receptive tour operator.
- Knowledge of pricing structures and mechanism within retail travel industry.
- Experience in public speaking/presentations/ conference call presentations.
- Independent, hard working and trustworthy. Position is Home-Based.
- Extensive organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills.
- Consumer marketing and sales experience or similar.
- Project management and event planning experience or similar.
- Enthusiastic, task oriented and eager to succeed within the business.
- Familiar and passionate about the South Pacific and travel within Australia and NZ.
- A great communicator, written and verbal, has excellent computer and typing skills and the ability to work with others to drive ideas forward.
- Proficient with online programs, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and a quick learner.
RESUMES WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL 5:00 PM January 24th, 2014.
Submissions to be made to Corey Marshall:
We thank everyone who applies, however, only those considered for the position will be contacted.