Field, BC Travel Alberta Information Counsellors
- Feb 18, 2016
- Jan 13, 2016
- Banff Lake Louise Tourism
Here is your chance to learn about and experience many of the great attractions and adventures that Alberta has to offer, to develop skills that will benefit you for any future position or career, and to connect with people from all over the world.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Ability to be proactive and take initiative
- A passion for promoting entire province of Alberta
- Maturity to work and live within a small team
- A second language is an asset
- Sales and promotional skills
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Delivering personalised face-to-face trip planning advice to international and regional visitors
- Promote attractions and destinations across the province of Alberta
- Enthusing visitors to do more and extend their length of stay in Alberta
- Organising and maintaining information inventory
- Distribute information and sell promotional materials and travel essentials
- Complete administrative tasks such as preparing reports, and collecting and entering visitor statistics
Starting rate of pay: $16.75/hr.
Additional compensation paid upon completion of contract
Qualifications: All candidates must have a high school education and at least one year of customer service experience. Preference will be given to candidates with some post-secondary education in tourism, hospitality and/or a related field. Knowledge of a second language and experience with Alberta’s tourism industry and tourism destinations are considered assets. Equivalencies will be considered.
Requirements: These positions are summer employment term opportunities. Weekend and Statutory Holiday work is required. Dorm-style accommodations are provided. Attendance at training in Edmonton (May 2 – 5, 2016) is a condition of employment. Successful candidates will be required to obtain First Aid Certification before commencing.
How to apply: Electronic applications are preferred and can be submitted to Sarah Rideout; Srideout@BanffLakeLouise.com.
Candidates unable to apply electronically may apply in one of the following ways:
Mail to P.O. Box 1298 Banff, AB T1L 1B3 or fax to (403) 762-8545
Closing Date: Thursday February 18, 2016
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Read the full job description on the Banff Lake Louise Tourism website.