Manager, Business IT Applications
- Apr 18, 2013
- Apr 5, 2013
- Travel Alberta
Travel Alberta is poised for its journey of excellence to become Canada’s pre-eminent tourism marketing agency. Collaborating with private and public sectors regionally and globally, Alberta tourism economy will grow and prosper by bringing a consumer-driven brand to life and marketing at youthfully-spirited travellers.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Finance and Administration, the Manager, Business IT Applications is responsible for setting the IT strategy and ensuring appropriate governance and controls. Working collaboratively with a variety of business units in Travel Alberta, this role will manage the implementation of new business applications and ensure existing business applications are fully supported. Key responsibilities include:
· Management of business applications including Dynamics AX, Dynamics CRM, Active Directory, SharePoint.
· Develop and manage the IT framework to ensure budgets are properly allocated and planned for.
· Manage and plan the rollout of enterprise applications to meet the needs of the organization.
· Manage the relationship with third party service providers to ensure on-time and on-budget completion of projects including the development of Request for Proposals (RFP) as required.
· Manage volume licensing agreements with Microsoft and other software vendors.
· Lead the creation and implementation of new IT policies.
· Ensure adequate procedures are developed and documented to adhere to the IT policy.
As Manager, Business IT Applications you understand the importance of strategies and processes that respond to the information technology needs of a diverse number of business users. Your collaborative and innovative approach along with your knowledge of enterprise business applications, IT Strategies/Frameworks, IT policy creation, and project management including budgets and third party vendor management enables you to strive for organizational excellence and achieve our corporate goals. Your superior communication and interpreting skills enable you to explain and convey technical knowledge to non-technical Team Members.
Your degree in Computer Science or related field is complemented with two or more years of relevant, progressively responsible experience in enterprise business applications. Your dedication and passion in information technology has taken your career to this point. Now, it is time to advance to a new level by stepping into Travel Alberta’s exciting working environment!
This position is based in the Calgary office.
Closing Date: April 18, 2013
If you have the qualifications to succeed in this role, submit a cover letter and resume with the title in the subject line of your email to: Careers@TravelAlberta.com. If applicable, please indicate the name of the Travel Alberta Team Member who referred you to this role.
Travel Alberta offers a competitive compensation package that includes a full benefits package and ongoing learning & development, as well as the opportunity to work with a collaborative team in a results-oriented organization.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and advise that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Any personal information submitted will be managed with the strictest of confidentiality.