- Nov 16, 2015
- Nov 2, 2015
- Rockies Heli Tours
We are seeking a dynamic Base Operations Manager to join our team. Reporting to the President & CEO, the Manager of Operations will safely and efficiently lead, plan, manage and enhance all helicopter tour and ground vehicle operations of Rockies Heli Canada.
As a strong leader, you will be responsible for overseeing all operations of the Kananaskis and Icefields Adventure Base. Working closely with Sales & Marketing, Finance, and Helicopter Engineers and Pilots, you will be responsible for leading the guest experience, ground crew, and maintenance teams to manage, monitor and co-ordinate the required programs and procedures to achieve excellence in the areas of safety, operational and customer service standards.
- Prepare and develop an annual Operations Plan in alignment with Rockies Heli Canada’s strategic objectives.
- Lead and oversee the team and the activities of facility upkeep/maintenance, helicopter tour operations and bookings, ground vehicle operations, and gift shop sales and to ensure adherence to Rockies Heli Canada safety standards, policies and procedures.
- Develop and manage a smooth operation at the front desk from check-in to safety briefing to scaling passenger loading and unloading to selling photos and souvenirs, with the highest level of guest and employee satisfaction.
- Seek feedback on guest satisfaction and resolve problems in accordance with our Mission Statement and identify trends in satisfaction to ensure improvement of service Anticipate, identify, and resolve service, safety and operational problems with a results-oriented approach to performance.
- Advise management team on improvements in overall operations with an emphasis on increasing guest satisfaction, team performance, revenues as well as reducing costs.
- Build and maintain strong collaborative relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, including team members, management, shareholders, relevant industry and community partners, and others.
- Keep all departments notified of any fluctuations in business levels, special guests, groups, etc.
- Display a high degree of professionalism and integrity as befitting a member of management.
- Identify and manage facility needs and improvements on an ongoing basis.
- Manage all operational, financial and administrative duties as required by the position.
- Recruit, select, and train all qualified team members in all areas of responsibility and ensure that the team is kept well informed of Rockies Heli objectives and policies.
- Play an influential role in nurturing a sense of ownership across the workforce, so that employees feel empowered to use their judgment and experience to make sound decisions.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive hiring, training and team performance program to motivate the team, positively affect guest experience, and maximize revenue.
- Act as a coach for the employees, motivate and engage individuals and the team to build a positive and healthy working environment.
- Develop strong teams through active involvement in the operations and through the development and support of a continually evolving team.
- Develop, implement, and enforce the team safety training plan (WHMIS, DGT, Bear Safety, and First Aid).
- Minimum 3 years in a people management role; exhibit leadership qualities which elicit trust in employees and demonstrate leadership judgment.
- Strong customer focus, dealing with customers with professionalism and care.
- Excellent problem solving skills; able to apply creative solutions that have a positive impact on results.
- Recognized ability to work under pressure, handle stressful situations and maintain flexibility.
- Ability to respond quickly to situations and seize opportunities.
- Strong knowledge and expertise in safety and service standards as well as labour relations.
- Experience in Budgeting and Financial reporting an asset.
- Knowledge of digital Front Office/Reservations systems required with emphasis on File Maker Pro.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Strong guest service orientation and training skills background.
- Ability to balance a variety of conflicting priorities while considering all aspects of the job i.e. Financial, Operational, HR.
- Highly organized, results-oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure.
- Genuine desire to contribute to the betterment of Rockies Heli Canada.
Please email your resume to Leigh Abra at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 16, 2015. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.