Luggage Host, Banff
- Apr 15, 2016
- Jan 22, 2016
- Rocky Mountaineer
At Rocky Mountaineer, we invite guests to the majestic Pacific Northwest and Rocky Mountains and take them on a world class journey. With the help of our dedicated team, we offer more than a renowned luxury product, we create life changing experiences.
Rocky Mountaineer operates from spring to fall and we are looking for positive people with a passion for excellence and commitment to teamwork to make our next season our best season. Our hardworking Luggage Hosts are responsible for the accurate and safe loading, unloading and sorting of guest luggage at the station and/or hotels, general cleaning and maintenance duties.
These are part-time, Seasonal positions based at our Banff Station. You will need to commit to the entire season from April-October. This role is a perfect addition to your work – life if you are looking for part-time hours in a rewarding role!
You will be responsible for...
- Tagging, loading, unloading and sorting of guest luggage at the station, hotels, and/or motor coaches
- Ensuring effective communication with luggage truck drivers to coordinate luggage movement and liaise with them during irregular operations
- Communicating with hotel staff and station management regarding guest luggage issues on day-of-travel
- Maintaining station equipment such as setting up/removing signage, setting up equipment for station events, stanchions, coffee station, luggage carts, etc.
- Assisting guests with mobility requirements including operation of wheelchair ramp as required
- Performing general cleaning and maintenance to maintain station and platform aesthetics in line with the RM “white glove clean” standard
- Assisting with station traffic flow as required by guiding motor coaches, luggage trucks and directing guests and public
You will have...
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- The Ability to lift 40lbsHighly organized with strong attention to detail
- Energetic, motivated, hardworking and committed to Guest Service Excellence
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
This role requires
- Your own transport or have someone drop you off for the start of your shift due to transit operating hours
- This ability to operate on a split-shift basis
- Flexibility with your hours is required if there are train delays
- Irregular scheduling to ensure the effective Station operations, including availability on evenings and weekends as per arrivals/departures schedules
- Outdoor work in a variety of weather conditions
- Class 5 Drivers License and clean drivers abstract in order to travel to and from hotel partners to provide check in services or follow up on guest concerns
Departures: Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday – 5:30 a.m.-8:30 a.m.
Arrivals: Saturday, Tuesday and Wednesday – 3:30 p.m.-8:00 p.m. (end time subject to baggage arrival time)
If this position suits your skills, experience and personal attributes, we want to talk to you!
Please apply by submitting your resume and a covering letter outlining why you are a suitable candidate.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE WILL NOT BE SCREENING THESE APPLICATIONS UNTIL FEBURARY 2016.
Armstrong Group is committed to equal opportunity employment and invites applications from all qualified candidates
Job Location Banff, Alberta, Canada
To apply for this position please visit the website: https://rockymtneer-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobInfo&version=1&jobid=190