Specialist Media & Public Relations
- May 6, 2016
- Apr 18, 2016
- Tourism Jasper
Why We’re Here:
Tourism Jasper is the Destination Marketing Organization for Jasper and Jasper National Park. We’re a young, energetic, forward thinking team, who are charged with developing and executing on creative solutions to help our Shareholders (select hotels, restaurants, and activities in Jasper) increase revenue through sustainable visitation of targeted consumers to our awesome little town.
Why You’re Here:
Reporting to the Director, Marketing and Communications, you provide administrative support and active coordination of the marketing team’s activities and initiatives. The ideal candidate will play a pivotal role in the evolution of creative and compelling content that increases the destination brand visibility in traditional and digital marketing campaigns. This position works with shareholders and local businesses to manage Tourism Jasper’s online presence through our website and other online channels.
Your Values = Our Values:
Inspire: You inspire because you’re so passionate about what you do. You live and breathe inspiration, whether it is inspiring a potential visitor to visit, a teammate to see how they contribute, or a Shareholder or partner to see your creative vision.
Respect: You promote respect in the organization through your dedication to making the digital world an easier one for us to navigate. You are highly respected by the team and our Shareholders because of your relentless pursuit of seamless online delivery.
Collaborate: You embody the spirit of collaboration through your belief that bringing offline and online together achieves success. You continuously collaborate with Shareholders and partners to create the most effective strategies for all parties involved.
Accountable: Accountability is ingrained in you. You love to measure everything you do and being results driven, you have no problem being held accountable for all the great work you do.
Integrity: You show your high level of integrity by being a trusted teammate and partner. Your collaborative nature makes it easy for you to embrace the concept of integrity by always striving to do the right thing, even when no-one is looking.
This Is Your Role:
As the Specialist, Media & Public Relations, you will:
- Develop and execute with the team a comprehensive multi-channel Travel Media Relations and Social Media strategy
- Develop Itineraries, coordinate travel and host media
- Represent Tourism Jasper at relevant media conferences and marketplaces
- Develop and pro-actively pitch story ideas to regional, national and international media
- Develop and deploy timely press releases
- Contract and manage writers for story content, as required
- Establish and maintain media relationships
- Maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders in Jasper, Parks Canada, Destination Canada, Travel Alberta, and relevant Destination Marketing Organizations
- Assist with managing the Media & Public Relations budget, including quarterly reviews, forecasting, and variance reporting
- Other duties as required/ assigned
You’re Armed With:
- Strong writing, editing and proofing ability
- Ability to manage budgets and timelines
- Exceptional interpersonal skins
- Understanding of Jasper partners, products, and travel experiences
- Ability to work well under stressful situations and tight deadlines
- Understanding of social media
- Knowledge of media tracking systems
- Public speaking, special event planning and promotions experience
- Ability to supervise and train
It Would Be Extra Awesome If You:
- Have experience with media & public relations
- Have experience with a DMO
- Proven media relationships, particularly in regional markets
Your Life At Work:
- You’re happy to work in a collaborative environment, where sometimes you have to jump in, regardless of the project
- You’re good to work 40 hours per week
- You’re able to help out after hours for special meetings or events
- You’re ok with some light physical work (mostly bending, reaching, carrying light items, walking and standing)
- You like to hit the road sometimes to meet up with like-minded people
Join Our Team:
Please forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Tourism Jasper would like to thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: May 6, 2016