Marketing and Tourism Specialist
- Jun 14, 2016
- Jun 2, 2016
- Heritage Park
Heritage Park has a full-time opportunity in its Marketing Department in the role of Marketing and Tourism Specialist. The ideal candidate will enjoy the fast pace and vibrancy of the role and thrive on the opportunity to participate in many diverse projects. Preference will be given to those who have experience in producing print material and advertising and have design training, as well as to those who have worked in the non-profit and tourism sectors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of the Manager, Marketing and Special Events, assists and implements the execution of the Park’s brand through paid advertising and park promotions
- Coordinates printing and distribution of all external communication collateral materials and works together with various Park Departments to ensure that all print material is designed, produced and printed to reflect the brand
- Acts as the Park liaison with our ad agency and various tourism partners to ensure that the Park is aware of all tourism marketing opportunities
- Coordinates the Park’s bulk ticket program and oversees the Park’s Annual Pass program
- Completion of a post-secondary degree in Marketing/Communications with at least two years of related work experience
- Strong organizational and customer service skills, including the ability to handle and manage competing priorities
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, InDesign, Photoshop, and Acrobat
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and ability to successfully build rapport and collaborate with multiple stakeholder groups and a variety of different personalities
- Is open-minded when different perspectives are presented and able to see the big picture
- Open to and adapts well to change and is not knocked off balance by the unexpected
Working Conditions and Hours of Work:
- This position may require the applicant to walk a considerable amount during the operating season and stand for prolong periods of time; some heavy lifting is involved in preparing and setting up for off-site promotions and shipping brochures
- 35 hours per week; some weekend and evening work required
Make a little history of your own!
Forward your resume in confidence by June 14, 2016 to: email@example.com or send it to Heritage Park Historical Village, 1900 Heritage Drive S.W. Calgary, Alberta T2V 2X3. Attn: Human Resources or by FAX at 403.268.8554. While only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview, we thank all applicants for your interest in Heritage Park.
For more information about the Park, visit www.HeritagePark.ca