B2B Marketing Manager
- Mar 10, 2017
- Feb 28, 2017
- Banff & Lake Louise Tourism
Take our message to the mountaintop
Inspire the world to experience Banff & Lake Louise
Let your passion, creativity and love of the mountain lifestyle come alive with Banff & Lake Louise Tourism. This unique, centralized role works collaboratively with Business Development Managers and Consumer Marketing Team to develop on brand marketing communications for the Travel Trade and MICE channels. Ultimately, this role works with the team to inspire year round demand for the destination within target markets.
We’re welcoming the world to our doorstep and we need you to help spread the word!
The ideal applicant will have:
- Previous experience and a solid understanding of the Travel Trade and/or MICE industry.
- Strong business development focus with the proven ability to maintain and manage positive relationships.
- Superior communication skills across audiences and formats (written and verbal); with ability to effectively present ideas and information to membership and team.
- Ability to interpret and effectively manage multiple and competing priorities and time lines while delivering strategic and operational results.
- Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure.
- Knowledge and experience in developing strategic communication plans.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite with an openness to learning new technology and applications.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership and cross-team collaboration skills.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Strategy and Planning
- Assist in the successful development and implementation of annual business and marketing plans for the portfolio.
- Seek innovative approaches to conduct business and represent the destination; leverage and/or develop marketing materials to communicate brand story for use in both Trade and MICE markets.
- Understanding of target markets, destination and industry trends to provide innovative solutions and opportunities within the BD team.
- Keep up to date on new developments and industry trends, target markets to understand customer and market needs.
- Collaborate with Business Development Managers to develop, negotiate and implement agreed cooperative marketing initiatives to strengthen conversion elements of the travel trade portfolios.
- Liaise with BLLT Consumer Marketing to manage the planning, development and use of content, i.e. BLLT microsites, bid books etc. relative to all BD portfolios including MICE.
- Manage development and distribution of selling tools including presentations, flatsheets, videos and other creative collateral
- Ensure collaboration and synergies between BD and Consumer Marketing teams – leverage consumer direct assets to repurpose for BD portfolios, including MICE.
- Act as the BD Team point of contact and liaise with the Consumer Marketing Team during the development of campaign content inclusive of digital creative, video, and website content.
- Collaborate with Managers to develop trade programs including product training, interactive webinars and in-market industry events that foster participation and engagement.
- Assist the BD team on bids for Trade and MICE related opportunities to host key industry conferences and events. (MTS, Canada’s West, Incentive Canada, FICP)
To apply, please send your résumé to; email@example.com by Friday March 10. While we appreciate all applications, please be aware that only qualified candidates and those who are eligible to work in Canada will be contacted.