Visitor Information Centre Travel Counsellor
- May 20, 2016
- May 10, 2016
- Tourism Jasper
Exciting opportunities are available at the Jasper Visitor Information Centre! Are you passionate about showing the best of Jasper to all visitors? Do you have strong people skills and a knack for customer service? Are you proud to be or become a Jasperite and would like to add your skills to the efforts of Tourism Jasper? Here is your chance to learn about and experience many of the great attractions and adventures that Jasper has to offer, to develop valuable career skills, and to connect with people from all over the world. We are seeking individuals who are personable, customer service oriented and passionate about promoting Jasper. Excellent interpersonal, communication and sales skills are required.
This position is based in Jasper, Alberta.
Tourism Jasper is a destination marketing organization which supports a creative, integrated and team focused environment.
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Promote accommodation, attractions and experiences throughout Jasper to influence visitors to do more and extend their length of stay
- Distribute information, promotional materials and travel essentials
- Complete administrative tasks such as preparing reports, and collecting and entering visitor statistics
- Share the Jasper experience through Tourism Jasper’s social media
- Preference will be given to candidates with some post-secondary education in tourism, hospitality, customer and sales experience and/or related field
- Knowledge of a second language is an asset but not a requirement
- Experience with Jasper’s tourism products is considered an asset
- Internet, social media, and computers (including Microsoft applications) is essential
Salary: $14.00/hour with a $1.00 per hour worked bonus if contract is completed.
Hours of work: 35-40 hours per week
Please note: These positions are for summer employment term opportunities. Weekend and Statutory Holiday work is required.
Start Date: As soon as possible
End Date: September 30, 2016
Please forward a cover letter and resume to Lety Cortez at email@example.com
Tourism Jasper would like to thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: May 20, 2016