Assistant Station Manager, Banff
- Feb 29, 2016
- Dec 21, 2015
- Rocky Mountaineer
At Rocky Mountaineer, we invite guests to the majestic Pacific Northwest and Rocky Mountains and take them on a world class journey. With the help of our dedicated team, we offer more than a renowned luxury product, we create life changing experiences. Rocky Mountaineer operates from spring to fall and we are looking for positive people with a passion for excellence and commitment to teamwork to make our next season our best season.
This position is based in the picturesque town of Banff in the Canadian Rockies. The Assistant Station Manager, Banff is responsible for providing direct leadership support to the Station Manager to ensure effective representation of the RM brand and exceptional guest experience through the management of station operations. This position requires a commute to the Lake Louise station.
This is a seasonal, full-time position starting in March 2016, you must be able to commit to working the entire season (March-October)
You will be responsible for...
- Working effectively with the Station Manager to ensure effective station operations to achieve exceptional guest satisfaction and representation of the RM brand
- Working effectively with contractors and partners to the requirements of the RM brand
- Supporting high levels of employee and guest satisfaction
- Acting as Station Manager in the absence of the Station Manager
- Coordinating the transfer of guests between
- RM Experience Tours program and arrival/departure by train, to ensure exceptional guest satisfaction and representation of the RM brand
- Coordinates the motor coach marshaling to expedite the efficient transfer of guests
You will have....
- 1-2 years of management experience in the hospitality industry
- Energetic, motivated, hardworking and committed to guest service
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, and problem solving skills
- Experience and knowledge of the tourism industry
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong time management skillsThe ability to multitask and take initiative
- Impeccable organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficient with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
This position requires…
- Periodic travel to attend meetings, represent RM and/or provide support to other RM Stations
- Irregular scheduling to ensure the effective Station operations, including availability on evenings and weekends as per arrivals/departures schedules
- Overtime may be required for emergency or irregular operations or scheduling delays
- Wearing RM uniform as required during arrivals and departures to represent the RM brand
- Outdoor work in a variety of weather conditions and working around railway tracks and moving trains
If you passionately believe you belong on our team and you have the required skills and experience to perform exceptionally in this position, then we welcome you to apply online today!
Armstrong Group is committed to equal opportunity employment and invites applications from all qualified candidates