Investment program: Co-operative Investment
Funding purpose: Supports tourism organizations in destination development and promotion initiatives.
Investment range: up to $150,000
- Foster community alignment around a shared vision for tourism
- Support regional promotional strategies aimed at growing visitation and driving cash flow to tourism businesses
- Assist in organizing different types of events like cultural festivals, business conferences, and big sport events to make sure the local economy benefits in various ways and keeps growing steadily
- Projects must take place between April 1, 2024 and March 31, 2025.
Your business must fit into at least one of the following categories:
• Destination marketing/management organization
• Municipalities, chambers of commerce, and not-for-profits with a focus on tourism
• Industry associations with a focus/mandate in tourism development and promotion
Note: Non-municipal partners must have been in operation for a minimum of three years
You are not eligible for this grant if your business falls into one of these categories:
• Individual tourism businesses and partnered consortiums
• Business improvement areas
• Communities who are represented by a destination marketing organization
• Hotel consortiums and Destination Marketing Fund groups (DMFs)
• Retail businesses
How to apply
Apply for Rural Development and Promotion funding
The application period for Rural Development and Promotion fund is now open!
Review the application details above and apply before March 29, 2024. Please note, should there be significant interest, Travel Alberta may close the application period sooner than stated above.Apply now