The results are in! It’s been just over a month since we finished hosting town halls across the province. This year, we included round table discussions about the state of the tourism industry, to better understand the needs of our trusted industry partners.
Here are the top five most discussed topics and the resources available to you:
1. More funding for business support and project development
Alberta’s operators are full of pioneering ideas and our tourism investment program is in place to get those ideas off the ground.
Twice a year, we accept applications to a variety of investment streams that support Alberta’s tourism entrepreneurs. If you missed applying for our spring application period, be sure to sign up for our newsletter. We will notify you when our fall program opens in September 2023.
Other grants and funding opportunities outside Travel Alberta include:
- Community Initiatives Program (CIP) – Supports not-for-profit organizations starting new programs and initiatives, community events and community publications.
- Northern and Regional Economic Development Program – Focuses on projects that enhance local economic conditions.
- Community Facility Enhancement Program – Small and large funding streams to support the development of public-use community facilities.
- CanExport SMEs – Assistance with international market development activities, such as market intelligence, tradeshows, marketing materials, and more.
- BDC’s Small Business Loan – The Small Business Loan program provides loans of up to $100,000. The entire process is 100% online and is intended to help smaller firms address short-term financing needs.
- Digital Economy Program (DEP) – Business Link offers this program to help Alberta’s small business owners undergo digital transformation and incorporate eCommerce strategies.
- Infrastructure Canada – Investments in social, green, public transit and other core public infrastructure, along with trade and transportation infrastructure.