You can use these insights to gain a clearer picture of current tourism markets and make predictions for the coming year. While there’s no way to know for certain what the future holds, data can provide some tangible insights into key markets, behaviours, and trends. You can use this information to inform key decisions when business planning.
These insights can help you:
- Compare year-over-year and annual growth to understand potential regional tourism in peak vs. slow seasons
- Align pricing with regional, seasonal market trends
- Tailor marketing messaging and spend to key tourism markets
Example 1: “I see hotel occupancy typically peaks in my region in early August. Based on this information, I can make a logical assumption that I should hire more staff for this busy season.”
Example 2: “Based on Travel Demand insights, searches for Alberta from Japan grew 102% in January year-over-year. Knowing that the typical booking window for the Japanese market is 3-6 months, there may be opportunity to reach this growing market through marketing activities such as ads, organic content, SEO optimization, email marketing, or other tools.”
Please do not use this tool to:
- Completely change your core business based on insights from this tool alone
- Take unnecessary financial risks based on data insights
- Ignore personal experience and staff expertise – one of the most valuable tools out there. If the data contradicts what you know to be true, ask more questions and dig deeper.
This guide answers some frequently asked questions so you can get the most out of these dashboards.
How to view cut-off titles
On desktop, roll over the title with your cursor and a pop-up with the full name will appear. To remove the pop-up, move your mouse off the title or click outside of the visuals box.
On mobile, tap on the title or visual and a pop-up with the full name will appear. To remove the pop-up, tap outside the visuals box.