Investment program: Product Development
Funding purpose: Purchase, build or renovate permanent tourism infrastructure.
Investment range: up to $500,000 with 1:1 fund matching required.
For example, a project budgeted at $1,000,000 could receive up to $500,000 from Travel Alberta, if the operator provides $500,000 in funding.
- Creates a new purchasable tourism experience within Alberta
- Contributes to measurable job creation and economic growth
- Diversifies the seasonality of product offering for the operation/region
- Supports the Indigenous tourism sector
- Supports sustainability practices within the tourism operation
Note: Projects must be shovel-ready tourism infrastructure initiatives. Planning, engineering, permits, and legal considerations must be finalized before applying for funding.
A business plan for your company is required.
Your business must fit into at least one of the following categories:
• Alberta-based tourism businesses
• Indigenous tourism businesses
• Not-for-profit organizations and municipalities with a focus on tourism
In addition to the above, your business must meet the following criteria:
• Must have a minimum three years in operation
• Tourism offering must be available for more than 120 days per year
You are not eligible for this grant if your business falls into one of these categories:
• Organizations under the jurisdiction of the provincial or federal government
• Non-Alberta based businesses
• Applicants whose projects will be completed during the approval process
• Travel Agencies
• Transportation Services (Taxi, limo, and private vehicle rental, leasing or purchase)
• Virtual tourism offerings
• Hotel/motels with 100 rooms or more (Franchise properties)
• Vacation property rentals
How to apply
Apply for Growth funding
Expression of Interest (EOI) for the Growth fund is now closed.
Please review the application details above for information about next steps.